Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mid-Week update

I passed a milestone earlier this week that I wanted to share. According to my BMI (Body mass index (BMI) -- a measure of body fat based on height and weight) I am no longer Obese. I am now classified as overweight. I can't tell you how good this feels.

I think I'm also starting to show signs of shrinking. I bought a pair of pants late last year that were just a bit too tight around the bum. I finally hemmed them this past weekend and wore them to work today. They are too big now. That felt good too.

I had bought a few new pair of pants last year cuz I just needed something to wear. I didn't fit into anything. I also didn't have any shorts to wear on my recent Cancun vacation, so I had to buy new ones. Now I have these new clothes that will not fit me in a few weeks. Hardly ever worn. Lucky for me I have a friend at work who's about the same size as me and she is buying them from me. I'm giving her deeeeeep discounts of course. Just nice to know someone will get some use out of them!

I am looking forward to shopping for new clothes in the future. Clothes shopping has always been a struggle cuz nothing looked good on me. I'm hoping and trusting that will change.

So far so good. I still haven't cheated. We tried buffalo burgers yesterday. They were really really good. Most of our meals have been really good. I've been trying hard to spice things up so we don't get bored. A couple of not-so-good meals, but the vast majority have been very tasty indeed.

Less than three weeks to go....I'm hoping to drop 25 pounds on this round which means I need to lose another 9 pounds in the remaining 18 days. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment