Tuesday, March 30, 2010

P3 - Week 2

Haven't posted in a while. I've been kinda holding steady this past week. The last few days, however, a few pounds have added up. I'm up 3.2 pounds from my "set point". Uh oh....time for a steak day!

A steak day is Dr. Simeon's correction day of sorts for Phase 3. Here's how it works: as soon as you have gained 2 or more pounds over your set point, you do a steak day. You eat no breakfast, no lunch, but drink plenty of fluids. Then for dinner you eat a large steak with either a raw tomato or an apple. The steak should be between 12 and 24 ounces. Grill it, pan fry it in butter, broil it - whatever. All you eat all day is the steak and tomato or apple.

So I did my steak day today. Thought I would be hungry all day long, but surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. I drank a liter of seltzer, 3 cups of coffee, cup of green tea and water throughout the day. Chewed gum off and on. It was OK. I stopped at The Pig and got some steaks for dinner - grilled them with garlic/rosemary/butter sauce and ate approximately a pound of steak. I chose a raw tomato. Delish. Feeling pretty satiated right now.

The scale tomorrow will tell me if this was successful or not. I'm thinking I may try a "chicken day" next if the scale doesn't move enough. For a chicken day you roast a whole chicken and eat it throughout the day. Start with the fattiest portions first - the wings and legs - then the thighs and onto the breasts and other parts if you're still hungry. Just graze on that throughout the day.

I have to say that P3 isn't quite as much fun as I thought it would be. I kinda miss knowing exactly what I can and can't eat - like it was in P2. Obviously, I'm eating too much. Or perhaps I'm really not eating enough - Dr. Simeon's says you can gain weight by not eating enough as well. Sigh.....no blueprint for this phase.

I also miss the hCG in my body - I mean I slept great with it and woke up refreshed. I needed less sleep. I'm now back to needing more sleep than what I'm getting. Better get to bed earlier tonight! The homeopathic hCG has a "feel good" quality to it. You just feel more energized when you are taking it. Looking forward Round 2 when I can enjoy that feeling again and drop another 20 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment