Sunday, March 21, 2010

P3 - Starting out

Last night at 6:00pm was the start of our three weeks of Phase 3. High protein and fat, no sugar, no starch. Fruits and veggies are OK as long as they don't have starch. My fear of becoming uncontrollably hungry did not happen, and I was glad.

I spent most of Saturday cooking new things for us to eat. Since we can't have starch, bread is out. There are a lot of recipes available from the HCGDIET Yahoo group and I found one for "oopsie bread". Not sure why it's called that, but whatever. It is made from eggs and cream cheese. Mix the cream cheese and egg yolks together. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the mixture together. Pour onto cookie sheet into circles. Bake. Turned out golden brown and a bit puffy. Very slight cheese flavor....really airy and flaky.

Next up: Pizza. Made kinda the same type of crust, but this one had mozzarella and parmesan cheese, oregano and basil baked into the crust. Topped it with some homemade pizza sauce, bits of venison we had left over from dinner Friday night, some canadian bacon we were planning on eating Sunday morning (basically anything I had on hand) and more mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Baked. Pretty nummy - but really really rich.

Eggs benedict this morning: Egg, canadian bacon, asparagus and hollandaise sauce over an oopsie roll. Again, nummy but really rich.

Had three vodka and seltzers last night. Got a little toasted. Had a pretty rough start to today. I'm thinking eating all this rich food is making my digestive track pretty unhappy. I'm running to the potty quite a bit and in a fair amount of pain. Hopefully, this is just a transition phase and I'll get accustomed to this way of eating soon. But, I dropped 1.6 pounds this morning and have reached my goal of losing 24 pounds this first round. I'm officially down 24.2 pounds and am into the 150's!! 159.8!

Shrinkage has officially started. Wore smaller pants and jean this week. Butt is shrinking faster than belly, so my pants are hanging a little in the back. Anxious to see how small I get in the next few weeks. Be nice to see size 12 again. Might need to buy new clothes - that would be a shame...;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment