Saturday, February 27, 2010

Third Week

We are officially half-way done with Round 1!! Feels like it's been a long three weeks, however. Hopefully the next three will fly by.

Let's get the numbers in right now:

I lost 3.2 pounds this week and weigh in at 169 this morning. I am finally below the 170's!! Fifteen pounds gone!

Hubby lost 5 pounds this week and weighs in at 222. He has lost 27 pounds in three weeks. So proud of him!

Bit of slow start to the weight loss for me this week. In the first four days, I only lost 1 pound. I lost 2.2 pounds in the last three days of this week. I've been reading some posts from the Yahoo hCGDIET group. It appears that some people can't handle eating tomatoes and two fruits in one day, since tomatoes are basically a fruit that we use like a veggie. So starting on Wednesday, I stopped eating my second fruit. I also really tried to get at least a gallon of water/drinks into me. The weight started coming off faster then. Hmmmm....am I onto something?

I also read that drinking an ACV Cocktail will help with keeping weight loss steady. ACV is apple cidar vinegar. Two ounces of ACV in a glass of water sweetened with stevia is the cocktail. Not something I would typically drink, but I can get it down.

I'm going to keep up with this regimen to see if I can consistantly lose .6 to .8 pounds a day. If I slow down again, I will give up one of my breadsticks/melba toasts each day to see if that helps. After that, I really don't have much more to try and will just have be happy with my results.

Crab is permitted on this diet, so I thought we would try some. Canned crab, however, contains a bit of sugar. We are going to give it a shot anyway. I did buy some real king crab legs yesterday -- expensive! $10.99 a pound. Spent $25 on my batch. I thawed it out and then removed all meat. Weighed it - it came in at 19.5 ounces. How much is that a pound?? WOW. We heated it up in a pan with garlic, salt, pepper, and a couple of lemon rinds. It was good, but not great. Really needed butter. Ah well, we tried it and know we won't be doing that again. Hopefully, we can eat the canned version with sugar and not have it affect us negatively.

I'm hoping to be able to get down to 155 on this round. I think I can. Then I can start up my second round after my trip to Vegas in May. I would only need to lose 15 pounds to reach my goal and should be able to only do a three week round and be at my goal weight for our annual July 4th party at the lake house! Woot! Woot!

ah....life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment