Saturday, February 13, 2010

First week

This diet consists of 4 Phases. You start taking the hCG drops three times a day 1/2 hour before you eat through Phases 1 and 2.

Phase 1 starts out with gorging yourself for two days. Yes, gorging. You eat all you can of the fattiest, sugary, carby food you can find. Ya baby! I went out and bought alfredo sauce for the first time in my life. Had chicken wings with real blue cheese dressing for SuperBowl Sunday complete with cheesecake for dessert. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. yum yum...but at the end of the weekend I was just ready to stop eating. Really. I was so full and uncomfortable all weekend, I was anxious to start Phase 2.

I weighed in at 183.4 on Feb 6-our first "loading" day. I only gained .6 pounds over the weekend - really? So my actual starting weight is 184. Hubby came in at 249. I want to lose 44 pounds and see what life is like at 140. Hubby wants to get to 200.

Mon Feb 8 was the start of Phase 2 and our first 500 calorie day. 500 calories only? How can we handle that. But with the hCG drops, it wasn't too bad. I mean I was hungry off and on all day. But not to the point where I wanted to, as my grandmother often said, "eat the asshole out of a skunk". I put myself into the mindset that this is the last diet I will ever be on....I WILL NOT CHEAT.

Tue Feb 9 - I was down 1.6 pounds. hmmm....kewl Still kinda hungry inbetween "meals" - they are really more like snacks, but balanced and all fresh real natural food.

Wed Feb 10 - down 2.2. wowee! Hunger was good throughout day....wanted something at night however...kept repeating to myself....I will not cheat. I will not cheat.

Thur Feb 11 - down 1 pound. ;-) Night time hunger struck again....I will not cheat. And I did not cheat.

Fri Feb 12 - down 1.4. Today was the first day I didn't really have significant hunger pangs. Really...not much at all. I'm liking this!

Sat Feb 12 - down 1.8. yowsa!

I am down a total of 8 pounds in one week. Not hungry today either. Had to make myself eat the rest of my first meal. I was full. Yes, I was full. Unbelievable.

Hubby's progress is more remarkable, but he's a guy and you know....he's down 12 pounds in one week.

One week down.....?? to go. Supposed to stay on for 40 days or so. We'll see what happens. Right now I'm very motivated to continue on, to not cheat, and to see this through. But...it's only one week. I have a history of losing interest and caving into cravings. But I am feeling strong. I can do this. I will do this. This will be my last diet ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment