Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thoughts....

Just wanted to get these down...

I have not cheated. Not even a little. I dreamed about cheating last night, though. Interesting...a big chocolate-y, caramel-y goey thing.

I think I just miss eating more food. I watched Ming Tsai on PBS - Simply Ming - yesterday. Big mistake....everything looked so nummy. No more food programs for a while.

Hubby played again last night. We did better spacing our drops. Saved a fruit serving from our dinner and ate that on the way home. Drank seltzer again. If nothing else, this diet is cheaper for us on gig nights! Don't spend money on drinks or munchies on the way home.

We were talking about what foods we miss.....funny what you miss the most. I walked into the bowling alley last night and was struck with an onion ring craving. I really miss my vanilla yogurt with blueberries. Quite the contrast, eh? Hubby misses Popeyes Spicy chicken with red beans and rice and burritos from Taco bell.

One other thing that is weird is our bathroom habits...not much going in, so not much going out. Used to being regular, now I'm down to 2-3 times a week. I'm not worried as I said, we're not eating much, so what can come out?

I'm pretty proud of our progress so far. But, it is only two-weeks in. I feel in control. Had to turn down a couple of dinner invites, but I keep telling ourselves that this is only temporary. Soon we can eat normally again. We timed our dieting so that we would be able to enjoy some upcoming trips: Chicago the weekend of April 9 and Las Vegas the weekend of May 7.

We should be done with our first round at the end of March, so we can start eating a low carb diet at that time. That is Phase 3 and lasts for 3 weeks. Then you start Phase 4 where you slowly introduce more carbs back into your diet over the next 3 weeks. This doesn't mean you can eat all the carbs you want, however. Carbs are what is making us all fat. Sugar. Sugar is the enemy. And it's EVERYWHERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment